Wellness Program Development
One of the most effective long-term ways to manage the rising costs of healthcare is to encourage your employees to practice good health habits. Practicing healthier habits can boost productivity and enhance employee well-being. In the long term, healthier and happier employees can lead to reduced healthcare costs.
One of the ways many companies are helping employees adopt healthier habits is by establishing wellness programs. Wellness programs typically consist of education, activities, resources, and tools that address risk factors for many chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart problems, and many cancers.
Why focus on the workplace? Most adults spend more of their waking time at work then anywhere else, making it a great place to promote healthful habits. The organization’s culture and environment are powerful influences on behavior, and this can be used as a means of helping employees to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Benefits For You and Your Organization
Employee benefits may include:
- Weight reduction
- Improved fitness
- Lowered levels of stress
- Increased sense of well-being
These employee benefits may result in the following benefits to your organization:
- Decreased rates of illness, injuries, and absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Easier recruitment and retention of healthier employees
How can we help?
Our knowledgeable staff can provide several resources to assist you:
- Support materials for your workplace program
- Tips on how to keep your employees motivated
- Sample workplace activities and events
- Access to low-cost or no-cost tools, such as trackers, calculators, and pedometers
Ready to get started?
Contact our Health and Wellness Coordinator to start a wellness program at your company today!