PacificSource SmartHealth Individual and Family Plans
SmartHealth is a smart choice for Idaho individuals and families who take responsibility for their health. Working in partnership with Idaho Physicians Network’s more than 8,000 healthcare professionals, SmartHealth plans offer value and quality in care with options that let people choose a plan that best suits their needs. Our SmartHealth product line includes comprehensive health plans for Idahoans who aren’t covered by Medicare. Applications for these policies are health underwritten, and coverage offered is based on your health.
SmartHealth Plan Highlights at a Glance:
SmartHealth is designed to deliver value and protection to individuals and families who take responsibility for their health. These plans feature:
- No-cost extras to help you save money and stay healthy
- A simple family deductible. SmartHealth family plan deductibles are combined—one deductible for the entire family is easy to understand and convenient to use.
- Your choice of providers; no need for referrals from a primary care physician
- An extensive network of more than 8,000 Idaho Physicians Network participating providers (visit our About Our Provider Networks page), plus coverage nationwide through the PacificSource and First Health networks.
- Participating providers accept benefits paid under the policy as full payment, and will not bill you for the balance (other than for deductibles, coinsurance, or copayments).
- Built-in benefits for four office visits a year along with prescription coverage and lab work. First four in-network doctor visits each year covered at 100 percent after a $30 copay.
- Coverage at 100% for preventive care, including well baby care
- Illness and injury coverage. X-rays or lab work covered up to the first $500. If the cost goes over $500, your deductible applies and cost sharing begins.
- 100% coverage for immunizations.
- Prescription drug benefit includes a $10 copay for generics
- No lifetime maximum benefit
Choose a SmartHealth Plan that Fits Your Needs
- SmartHealth Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans provide comprehensive coverage. Preventive care covered at 100%. Plus, first-dollar coverage for office visits; most other in-network services are covered at 75 percent after the annual deductible. SmartHealth annual deductibles range from $2,000 to $7,000 for individual plans, and from $4,000 to $7,000 for family plans.
- SmartHealth Health Savings Account (HSA) plans are high-deductible health plans eligible for combination with a health savings account. Learn more about HSAs and consumer-directed health plans. Preventive care is covered at 100%; most other in-network services are covered at 75 percent after the annual deductible. HSA plan deductibles are $3,000 for individual plans and $6,000 for family plans.
Ready to learn more?
Learn about our BrightIdea plans for individuals and families.
Compare plans and apply online or download our Idaho Individual and Family Application.