What's New for Providers
Highlights from Our Current Provider Bulletin
The Spring 2013 Provider Bulletin was emailed to participating providers on April 15. If you did not receive your copy, please contact your Provider Service Representative, or sign up to receive future issues by completing our Opt-in Form.
The current issue includes the following topics and more:
- ICD-10 Is Coming—Are You Ready?
- Diagnostic Imaging Management Program Expanding into Montana and Eastern Washington
- Medication Therapy and “The Licorice Mystery”
- Survey Finds Electronic Claims Speed Processing Time
- We’re Not in It for Trophies, But This One Sure Is Nice!
- Provider Manual Updates
- Description Change on 835 Transaction Files
- Staff Email Addresses Changed to Keep Pace with Growth
- Separate Toll-free Numbers for Commercial and Medicare Members
- Discounted 2014 Code Books Now Available
- And more
Read the complete issue, or access past issues in our Newsletter Archive.
Diagnostic Imaging Management Program Expanding into Montana and Eastern Washington
This July, we’re extending the use of our diagnostic imaging management vendor, AIM Specialty HealthSM (AIM), to include members in Montana or eastern Washington. The management program will be effective with procedures scheduled on or after July 1, 2013, and will cover nonemergency advanced diagnostic imaging services that are performed in an outpatient setting. Beginning June 17, you will be able to contact AIM to request order numbers via their secure web portal or toll-free phone number for services on or after July 1. Learn more about this change.
Healthcare Reform: When to Expect Changes
The Affordable Care Act will eventually bring about many changes, but it's important to remember that those changes will not occur all at once. They will be phased in over the next decade. You'll find more information, FAQs, and links to online resource in our Healthcare Reform Resource Center.