Welcome to PacificSource Health Plans
We’re very excited to serve you and your company, and want you to know that your satisfaction is our top priority.
As a PacificSource customer, you have access to many online and offline resources to help you administer your benefit plan. Online tools include your own section of PacificSource.com, an Employer Manual, InTouch for Employers, and answers to the top ten questions of new employers. And of course, we're just a phone call or e-mail away with any questions you have.
Your Employer Manual
The Employer Manual provides a roadmap for administering your coverage. Inside, you’ll find information about PacificSource, including contact information and details about our value-added services, as well as instructions for administering your plan—from enrolling members in coverage to using our online Provider Directory.
Download your Employer Manual.
Here's what you'll find inside:
- About this Manual
- About PacificSource
- Our History
- Account Management
- Other PacificSource Contacts
- Value-Added Services Included with Your Plan
- Online Tools and Education
- How to
- Enroll Members in Coverage
- Late Enrollees/Enrollment
- Disenroll Members from Coverage
- Report Changes for Enrolled Members
- Administer Waivers of Coverage
- Administer Oregon Continuation Coverage
- Administer COBRA Continuation Coverage
- Portability Policies
- Read and Understand Your Billing Statement
- Use Our Online Provider Directory
- Administer Your Health Savings Account
- Administer Your Dental Coverage
- Administrative Forms
- Member Materials
Check out the For Employers section of PacificSource.com to find a wealth of information designed to help you administer your company's plan.
Here's what you'll find:
Welcome: Find out what's new at PacificSource. This page is regularly updated with our most current news.
PacificSource Extras: Take a look at the extra benefits and services that are available to you and your employees as part of your medical coverage.
Forms and Materials: Download administrative forms, member materials, and view InTouch tutorials in this section.
Prescription Drug Information: Access our PacificSource Drug List, view information about our mail order program, and check out recent drug news from WebMD.
Sales and Service Staff Directory: Need assistance? Give us a call.
Administrator Newsletters: Access current issues of Benefit Matters.
Using InTouch for Employers
Use InTouch to:
- Enroll new members in your plan and update information for existing members
- Access your plan’s contract documents and member benefit materials
- View, change, or download enrollment and census information
- View and download enrollment totals for your group by family composition category
- Verify employee and dependent enrollment by name or member number
- Request benefit materials, ID cards, enrollment forms, and administrative supplies to be sent by mail
Get started: Register Now for InTouch
To maintain security and verify your authorization, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the online registration.
- Print the registration form.
- Have your group’s authorized contact person sign the form.
- Fax the form to PacificSource at (541) 225-3642. We require your signature in order to fulfill your request.
Once we have your signed form on file, you will receive an e-mail message indicating that your new User ID has been activated.
Looking for more information? Check out our InTouch for Employers flier.
Top Ten Questions Asked by Employers
When will our employees receive their member ID cards?
For new group enrollment: Our goal is for members to receive their ID card within 17 to 20 business days of receiving the receipt of your confirmed request for group coverage. This time allows for data entry, printing, and mailing of the ID cards.
For existing groups adding newly eligible members: ID cards are requested at the time the member is entered into our system. However, if a member needs their ID number right away, we can rush their enrollment and provide you with their member ID number.
Why doesn’t an employee's dependent show on the ID card?
There are four reasons why an ID card might not list an employee's dependent:
- Our ID cards have a space limitation of five dependents per card. If a member has more than five dependents, they will receive an additional card that lists the additional dependents.
- The dependent's enrollment application has not yet been processed.
- The dependent is not listed due to custody arrangements. For dependent children, an insurance ID card is issued to only the custodial parent. This is true even if the noncustodial parent is the primary policyholder.
- We received a request to terminate the dependent from coverage.
If none of the above circumstances apply to you and you believe there is an error on your ID card, please contact our Customer Service Department at (888) 977-9299.
Can I pay my bill over the phone using a credit card?
No, we cannot accept payment by credit card. However, we do offer the option to pay your bill by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If you would like more information, please contact your Membership Representative for assistance.
Why do you mail my bill so close to the due date?
To ensure that your most current enrollment activity is included in your billing, we generate bills as late in the month as possible. Bills are generated on the same day each month, so you can plan ahead. If your date falls on a weekend, your bill will be mailed on the following Monday. Your Membership Representative can assist you with determining your billing date.
Why do I have a prior balance on my bill?
If you prior month’s payment did not match the Total Amount Due that you were billed, a balance will be left on your account. This is common when enrollment changes are made close to the billing cycle and your payment included those changes.
What is the discretionary billing item?
We can automatically adjust for six months worth of premium activity on your account. The discretionary billing item is for activity that falls outside of the six months.
I enrolled an employee at the end of the month. Why do I have to pay premium for the entire month? Shouldn’t the employee become effective on the first of the following month?
Effective dates are processed according to laws and contracts. An employee becomes eligible for coverage on the first of the month following the end of their probationary period. Employees for whom we receive applications within 30 days of the date of eligibility will be enrolled, and claims will be processed, retroactively back to the effective date.
If we receive the employee’s application more than one month after the effective date, but within the allowable processing timeframe, the employee will be listed as a member on your bill in both the active members section and the adjustments section.
For deadline information specific to your plan, please refer to your Group Insurance Policy document.
I received a past due letter, but already sent in my payment. Haven’t you received my payment yet?
It’s quite possible that we have received your payment. Past due notices are automatically generated for unpaid accounts, so if your payment was received after your account was flagged for a reminder notice, you will still receive a letter. To confirm receipt of your payment, please contact your Membership Representative.
What is the length of time that a member can be on COBRA or state continuation?
The length of time that a member can be on COBRA or state continuation varies based on the qualifying event. For more information, visit our COBRA and Oregon State Continuation Update page. This page includes all the latest federal and state forms and notices, along with current FAQs. Your Membership Representative is also available to help with specific questions.
How does COBRA or state continuation work? What is the correct form to use?
For information on COBRA or state continuation, visit our COBRA and Oregon State Continuation Update page. This page includes all the latest federal and state forms and notices, along with current FAQs. Your Membership Representative is also available to help with specific questions.
Still have questions?